Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A busy day...

I'm 8 weeks old today!

Today I had a lot of fun. Sarah's friend Karen came over and I got to listen to them sing, and then they played with me and loved me a lot. I like Karen, she wears pants that are fun to bite and try to tear apart. Wasn't that nice of her to think of me when she was dressing?

In the evening, we piled into the car and drove. We landed at a grocery store! I wasn't real sure about this outing, as I'm not totally potty trained, but apparently Mrs. Gonzalez forgot to bring something called a blood sugar meter with her, and since they were going to have dinner, we had to stop and buy a new one. Mrs. Gonzalez carried me, and only put me down for a minute. The pharmacist thought I was cute, so I stayed on my best behavior.

After the pharmacy, we went to a place called Chipotle. We sat outside. There were little birds flitting around everywhere, but I didn't really care because the ground smelled SO GOOD!!! But after Mrs. Gonzalez insisted I stay on my mat while they ate, I figured I better listen.

 After Chipotle, we went to Sarah's grandma's church, where I sat very quietly while Sarah sang a solo with a whole choir behind her. They made some very beautiful music. I love to hear Sarah sing. It helps me stay calm. Of course I got some attention from the choir members who all seemed very interested in learning about how my little black nose is learning to smell changes in blood sugar.

Last, we went to Mel's diner for a quick bite to eat after choir practice. I did try to lick the floor a few times, but can you blame me? I mean, don't you try to lick restaurant floors? There's all KINDS of good stuff down there.

We finally came home and I had my last chance to pee for the day. I did a "good hurry" and Mrs. Gonzalez was happy with me, so I was happy. Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Loved your post, Kismet! It was great having you visit my church -- come back anytime.

    ReplyDelete