Monday, June 18, 2012

A world paved with ice cream…


Yesterday was extra fun! In the morning Mrs. Gonzalez spent some time setting boundaries with me. She put me in my place – literally. Crystal from Canine Hope for Diabetics sent me a present, a nice, elevated place for me to learn how to be attentive and watch people. This will help me learn to pay attention to people so that I’m always on the job sniffing for funky blood sugars. Anyway, Mrs. Gonzalez put me on the mat and told me “place”. I liked it, but then I wanted to leave, so I started to jump off. She put me back on and told me, “Kismet, place”. I thought it was important to make sure she knew I really wasn’t interested in sitting there anymore, so I told her so by snapping my widdle jaws at her. I don’t think she appreciated that, because she picked me up by my scruff, which is how my mama told me when she wasn’t happy with me, and put me back in “place”. I decided it wasn’t such a bad place after all, and stayed there for a few minutes, until she told me “Ok”, and then I knew I could get down.

Then we got in the big giant moving thing they call a Suburban. They made a special place just for me, and Mrs. Gonzalez sat right next to me and kept me from wandering. I decided it was a good time to take a little nap.


When we stopped, we were at a place where people play miniature golf. I got to meet Sarah’s cousins, and aunt and uncle. Once of her cousins isn’t that much bigger than me! I didn’t even know they made Kismet sized peoples! I got to sit in the shade with Mrs. Gonzalez and her parents (I want to know why Mrs. Gonzalez’ mother never picks HER up by the scruff. I was kinda hoping I’d get to see that!). A lot of kids and parents came over and told me I was really cute, and Mrs. Gonzalez had me sit still and let different people pet me. I liked the attention, but I already know I need to stay still when people are petting me.


After my Sarah played miniature golf, we got back in the Suburban and drove some more. We stopped at the BEST PLACE EVER! It was a place where the ground was paved in Ice Cream! It smelled soooooooooooooooo good! Unfortunately, Mrs. Gonzalez held me while we were outside, saying she didn’t want me to lick the ground. SO not fair!

They took me around to a bench where the ground wasn’t paved in ice cream, and I ate my dog food. It was good, but I still wanted to try ice cream. Then we all went inside to an ice cream parlor, and I had to stay on my yoga mat while all the people ate hamburgers and ice cream. 


They didn’t even share, but I’m used to that and it’s okay. I was able to sit and lay down very still while they ate until they were almost done, and then I got ants in my pants and couldn’t sit still anymore. I found out why when Mrs. Gonzalez took me outside to the grass – sometimes when ya gotta go, ya really gotta go! I felt a lot better, and took a nap on the way home, snuggling with Mrs. Gonzalez the whole way.

I loves my family. They’re really nice and snuggly and they feed me and they play with me and they throw the ball and they feed me and they give me toys and they love me and they feed me.

I think I like being Kismet.

No comments:

Post a Comment